Flue Gas Cleaning Solutions for Biomass and Cofiring Combustion Processes
A White Paper for Flue Gas Cleaning Solutions for Biomass and Cofiring Combustion Processes
Meet the most stringent air emissions regulations
The use of biomass energy for power generation is increasing in developed countries as the need to avoid carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels upsurges. Effective flue gas cleaning is essential for biomass combustion and critical in the case of plants using biomass from waste, which are subject to the same standard regulations as waste to energy plants.
This white paper examines options for power generation using clean and polluted biomass sources, including cofiring techniques, and their relative emission limits regulations. An analysis of the technologies for flue gas treatment follows - in particular for acid pollutants such as SO2, HCl, HF and NOx mitigation - to help guide companies in complying with waste incineration BREF requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Sustainable integration of energy sources for reduced carbon power generation
- Different emissions regulations for clean and polluted biomass
- How dry sorbent injection technology can mitigate >99% of SOx and HCl emissions in polluted biomass and waste energy valorization plants
- Total cost of ownership evaluation
- Case studies highlighting customers who successfully applied SOLVAir® Solutions to ensure their biomass combustion facilities meet the most stringent emissions regulations
SOLVAir® Solutions is an efficient, cost-effective sodium bicarbonate-based technology. It is highly reactive and effectively neutralizes acid gases over a wide temperature range and can rapidly respond to sudden peaks in emissions. This gives operators flexibility to select a mix of combustion fuels for improved energy efficiency while meeting the most stringent emissions limits for a range of pollutants.
Complete the form to download our white paper to learn more.