Efficient cleaning of acid gases
With an increasing number of plants currently in operation, the SOLVAir® bicarbonate Solution is a reference in the following sectors: non-ferrous metals recovery (aluminum, copper, lead), refining and recycling of precious or semi precious metals (vanadium, molybdenum, gold, platinum etc.), roasting of spent petrochemicals catalyst.
In these industrials sectors, there are an increasing number of processes for the recovery of used metals, contributing to save valuable resources.
A lot of these processes have acid emission coming from the combusted fume or from specific manufacturing steps.
- in secondary aluminum, pollutants (mainly HCl) are produced from the melted salt or from coated scrap
- in spent catalyst recovery, the main source of pollutants is the sulfur content of the catalyst.
The SOLVAir® Solution: sodium bicarbonate for flue gas cleaning and on-site recycling
Our experience shows that the SOLVAir® bicarbonate Solution can easily meet local emissions standards, in particular regarding the hydrochloric acid (HCl) or sulfur oxides (SOx) produced by those industries.
Some manufacturing processes allow recycling of residual sodium chemicals (RSCs) from air emission control with sodium bicarbonate, for instance:
- secondary aluminum smelting where the NaCl can be substituted to the raw material in the melted salts layer
- sodium sulfate used as a refining agent like in vanadium refinery
- Resogypse is a way to recycle sodium sulfate salts
In consequence, the operator uses fewer raw materials, and no flue gas purification residues have to be landfilled.
Sodium Bicarbonate BICAR® has also demonstrated its capacity to easily reduce the amount of HCl and sulfur oxides emitted. Reduction of more than 99% are currently reached in this sector.